Hi Guys: I am by no means a "sky is falling" kind of guy....except when I look at my 401k...rimshot... I would like to throw out a couple of things for consideration. It is true the "regular" flu kills more people. But there is a vaccine for that, the World Health organization studies the flu all year at a 100 different national influenza centers around the world and 5 different labs work on trying to determine which few strains will pop up and they work on developing a vaccine for those strains and potential mutations. But, they can still get it wrong....as hey have in the past. I remember the first Swine flu in 76 became much ado about nothing and the vaccine was potentially worse than the disease.

With this Corona Virus, there is no vaccine.... yet. You guys are right that some common sense on taking care of yourself is in order...and hopefully it will pass. If you want some interesting reading go type in the Spanish Influenza of 1918 and click on the history.com articles. Couple of short articles on how US soldiers carried the flu to the battle front and how rapidly it spread. London had some munitions plants and they did nothing to control or limit production and the flu spread like wildfire through the UK. There was no vaccine. Estimates of 20-50 million people died from it. Three separate wave and took about 2 years or so to contain it. Social distancing ..and washing your hands a bunch...are still the best. Don't be a hermit...but, minimize risks. I hear you guys talk about using acids to clean and you always talk about wear respirators and use gloves, well ventilated..etc. Not saying you need respirators...but, be wise. There is already talk of a second wave already in China. Stay well...

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items