I don't know.
But I made the statement in the listing for 3 reasons.

1. There was a note with the letters that said they were displayed/used on the Texaco Tankers. The Tour With Texaco letters were kept with a toy bank of a 1934 Doodlebug (even though the bank has a Texaco decal on the back).

2. On page 8 of the Tour With Texaco book by Rick Pease the picture shows holes in all Tour With Texaco Letters.

3. When I did my research I found this site https://texacotankerproject.com/diamond-t-texaco-tanker/
It's a site that shows pictures of the restoration of another Texaco tanker. One of the pictures of the restoration project shows the Texaco Letters on the side and in that picture, the letters appear to be attached through holes in the letters. I assumed the Tour With Texaco lettering on the back of the tanker would be installed in the same way as the Texaco lettering on the side of the tanker and both raised off the body of the tanker.

However, when you look at the finished restoration, you can't see the holes.

As I looked for information I just never thought to question the holes

Question: Do you know any other place where the Tour With Texaco Letters were used/displayed?

Restoration project.JPG finished letters no sign of holes.JPG finished letters no sign of holes tour with texaco.JPG