G&B TC Clock Face pump

In the Fall of 2017 I was contacted by Old Gas member 57 Chevy (Mike Smith) who told me that goneweild (Dave Well) was selling the pictured pump. According to Jack Sim’s book the pump was made in 1934 and possibly only sold in England. Note that the pump is hand operated.

If memory serves me correctly I believe Dave indicated that he found the pump at the Hamburg, NY DPW and that it was in his collection for a number of years.

I recently disassembled the pump so that I could rewire it, replace the face plates, which were faded to the point of almost being unreadable, and installing a new top frame plate which was missing a large piece on the front. A new top plate was cast by Emanuel King at Cattail Foundry. I’ve used Cattail a number of times and once again they did a terrific job. They cast the new parts and send them back to you with an invoice. I’ve mentioned them before on this site and highly recommend them.

I decided to post a picture of the pump for two reasons. First I to want to publicly thank both Mike and Dave for allowing me to add, what I believe is an unusual pump, to my collection and acknowledge the fact that I would not have been able to obtain, or repair it, without the members and venders I’ve had the fortune to meet through this great web site.

Secondly, I would like to know if any Old Gas members have this pump in their collection or are aware of others that might have the same model. Just trying to determine if it is, in fact, an unusual pump.

Thanks, Marshall

DSC00851.JPG