Well I was bored to death and doing some searching and this come up. Seller pulled info in hopes of sucking someone to bite.
He should of read on ,his statement that it operated till the 50s total wrong. Sinclair bought the hotels in 1930 and rebranded as sinclair pennant.
They didn't operate them very long as they was in the oil and fuel business. They sub leased them to greyhound bus at some point,still offering fuel inland. Most post cards you see are greatly dressed up. Originals show gravel drives
Even Pics I have found of Stations in the hub area St . Louis MO. have post lights with globes, never have I found any with branding.

Funny I have a picture in my mind what it was like,mostly by collecting stuff with someone writing to someone else, that was there for a stay or someone going from one to another building them.
Not so much the history books. But I give Mark the thumbs up for the history he looked up for you guys!
The great thing about Pierce is because of the Hotels ,you can find a lot of history,compared to other companies.
From what I've learned the hotels was like the kiss of death,bad timing as no one could afford to travel. Pierce was so caught up in out doing Rockefeller he couldn't see the forest for the trees.
So caught up the lady that designed them was hired away from ,yes Rockefeller.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*