Hello,

I got this Erie pump off my aunt & uncle's farm in Idaho about 25 years ago, and started a restoration way back when. One think I've never been able to determine is just what model is this pump? I've looked at the pump photos on this site, and it appears to me to match the Erie 843 Continental Aristocrat. Would you agree? What year(s) would this pump date to then?

When I stripped the panels (they had been painted several times with a brush), I could easily tell that it was a Standard Oil pump. I then purchased the appropriate decals, and a repro globe. I restored the computer, cleaned and painted the frame (removed the smelly pump and motor), and got as far as spraying epoxy primer on the panels. That was something like 20 years ago! It's been taking up space in my garage (and moved cross country twice now), and I think it's time to get it done. So now the question is (again, after seeing some beautiful pumps on this site), what color scheme would this pump have had for the era?

In the second photo, you can see that this pump used to have a flow spinner in a glass bowl. Apparently this pump was "modernized" by blanking off the globe base, and replacing the spinner and bowl with a flat plate. I have never been able to locate a replacement spinner and bowl. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for looking.

Brian

Erie_001.jpg Erie_002.jpg