I have agreed to the purchase of a very expensive gas pump located in the middle of California, and I am at odds on how to get it paid for? This pump is not in the hands of a collector and is supposedly being sold to settle an estate? Also, as far as I know, there haven't even been any local collectors that have ever seen this pump either? From what I know, I believe the pump truly exists and is located in a small town near San Francisco.
My problem exists when I start thinking of how to get this pump paid for? I can certainly have it shipped using North American Van Lines, but I am not about to wire funds or send a check to someone I have never met and have no knowledge of? My best shot would be to hire someone, another collector, that lives near San Francisco, to go and physically get the pump and I could have NAVL pick it up at their place. Problem is, I don't know who lives close to that area. Are there any volunteers from the San Francisco area, or does anyone have a better suggestion for me? If it didn't cost so much, I wouldn't be so worried and cautious, but better to be safe than sorry!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133