Gary, I'm not doing anything to the floor aside from clean & sweep. This is a working garage, not a display place. I've got a nice family room display area for my collection. I'll have at least a dozen signs up on the walls, but the main purpose of the space will be working on stuff and staying out of sight of the boss.

John, The heater is a Fahrenheat FUH54, 240V 5000 watt, 30 amp electric service. Garage is 28 x 30 (10' ceiling) with R15 walls, R30 ceiling and insulated doors and windows. It really puts out some strong heat and it swivels to blow where I'm at. So far it warms the room up nice on mornings starting in the 30s F outside (50s inside) and the unit not left on at night. I'm not planning on keeping it going full time or spray painting when it's zero out. The local 100+ year old hardware store closed and I got this unit at a steep discount. It's available widely. Made for a garage with the elements enclosed in a heat exchanger. Easy for a handy guy to install and when it's off, it doesn't cost a dime.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator