I am restoring a 300 for someone and have never done one with this particular veeder root (please see picture). Most pumps that I have restored have the VR with the reset crank. This 300 has the on/off lever that starts the pump. Here is my question:

If I set this up with Kevin Frith's motor underneath and the gallons tick away while the bell rings, what will set the numbers on the VR back to zero's when I'm done 'pumping gas'? Does the on/off lever do it? And is it done electrically with that solenoid looking thing on the side of the VR (top-right of picture #2) or is it done mechanically when you move the on/off lever back and forth?

If I don't end up installing the KWFrith motor, does the bell still sound when it resets, like the crank versions?

Basically, the person I'm restoring it for, needs to hear a bell (which I would want to also), and of course I want to make them happy.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance for any help.

-Steve

IMG_8949.JPG IMG_8950.JPG IMG_8951.JPG
Last edited by Speedracer; Thu Oct 04 2018 09:58 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)