Pure Dumb Luck!!
Click on the "Pure Dumb Luck" link to see the original thread

Some of you may remember when I posted this lucky find and titled it "Pure Dumb Luck!!"
Well, I didn't ever think that lightning could ever strike twice, but it did this week! There were some Cities Service items posted on one of the Facebook trader sites and I noticed that one of the items was a Cities Serice Furniture and Floor Polish can. That jogged my memory enough to dig thru my stuff and find the label I had peeled from the other can. "INSTANT MATCH" Finding that it was the same, I pulled up the ad again and ever so slightly, I could make out the same markings on the can behind the label. You really had to look close and know what you were looking for to even begin to see it, but it was there! I made a couple of hurried offers, and my second offer got accepted and the stuff was on the way.
I received the box in the mail today, and just finished opening it. The tops on these cans weren't very good, so some of the polish leaked out and soaked the label even more, so the lettering on the can was even more visible by now. It was soaked to the point that removing the label was very easy, just like the first one that I found. I have saved that first label and I will press this one between the pages of a big book, just like the last one. These are the only 2 I have ever seen of this white can in the pint size, and may well be the last one for me?
Does lightning ever strike 3 times?
I guess we shall have to wait and see!
LOL

Cities Polish 1.jpg
Side #1

Cities Polish 2.jpg
Side #2

Cities Polish 3.jpg
Label coming off

Cities Polish 4.jpg
Lightning Strikes Twice

Last edited by K W FRITH; Tue Jul 10 2018 03:46 PM.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133