Greetings from New Zealand.

I have been collecting gas memorabilia for over thirty years and absolutely love all things petroliana. Three months ago, my wife and I were offered an opportunity of a lifetime to purchase an original Texaco tanker truck. It was already here in New Zealand and is totally complete. Of course, we said yes! We have started a weekly blog so that people can follow the restoration at www.texacotankerproject.com. We are also going to add historical information on Texaco, Diamond T, The Heil Co and Emco Wheaton.

This forum was recommended to us and after looking at the knowledge that members on this forum have, we are confident that some of the questions that we have might be answered here. We would also appreciate any photos, advertisements, sales brochures, etc specific to this project. There is some history on the Dodge Airflows but our tanker is a Diamond T and we can't really find much reference to these at all.

There are detailed photos of the tanker on the blog site and anyone interested in following the restoration can subscribe to email updates. We have already found a couple of things of interest about Texaco and will post these on this forum. I will also add some photos of a couple of interesting pieces in my collection at a later date.

Thanks for the opportunity to join this forum.

Steve Keys, Auckland, New Zealand

Tanker1 copy.jpg