I just purchased a 10 gallon Wayne 615. It is all there! The cylinder is original...no cracks...has original pump handle...the pump is loose. The previous owner is not into petrolina and told me the skins are original. He had it for 22 years (sat in his barn). He traded another rancher for it who had it in his barn for use (connected to fuel tank). So that is the history...2 owners...sitting in barns it’s whole life not exposed to the elements.

I have 2 questions for discussion:

1. The previous owner said the skins were original (does have all the brass badging from Wayne). However they look like they were never painted. Are they original or perhaps replacements from the first owner?

2. I don’t have the energy to restore the pump and I like the patina of the top especially. I do have the energy to remove the skins and paint them. But then they would contrast with the rest of the pump. So what would you advise...to paint or not to paint...the skins only? What would you do?

I have restored two calculator pumps in the past years but always wanted a visible pump! Iam excited to be the new owner and would treasure your advice.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

5890B524-6373-4508-916B-B03C075C87D5.jpeg 61F0E352-1EA0-45BE-B2EF-52CA747511AD.jpeg 50A6B42E-0E5F-4DC0-82C6-74FF5264A4F1.jpeg