[quote=SeinfeldKramer]Beware eBay seller username is: zegron. He has a few gas/oil items listed that I believe he does not own. He's using exact photos from worthpoint for his items. He just sold a Yellow Texaco fuel chief pump plate for $490. The same photo is on wothpoint from 2013. He also has a lion knix Knox globe that the same photo he used from worthpoint from 2007 that sold for $3,291.87. I have not looked up his other gas/oil stuff, but I'm sure it's the same story. I don't no what he thinks he's going to accomplish? eBay will just refund the buyer. I guess people just get their jollies off wasting people's time. [/quote]

The mechanics of the scam are simple. Without disclosing "how-to" specifics, the scammer receives payment and withdraws the funds before Paypal and the victim realize that it's a scam. By the time the victim reports the fraud, the scammer has folded up shop and there is no money for Paypal to recover. As a buyer, you're inconvenienced but made whole while Paypal ends up as the financial victim.