Hello first post I think. I might get some criticism for not restoring or doing it properly, but I want to make the standard oil lexan pole sign I have into a wall mount lighted half. I have both halves and the torch flame, no frame.

It is lexan, and I am just trying to get some ideas on how to make a frame and backer for one half. The flame is glued or something to make it one piece and I don't dare separate it in fear of damage, but I think I can make the whole flame work with some though to my frame design. Has anyone ever made a frame for something like this?

I was thinking of a plywood backer with a metal 4" band around the perimeter, and somehow mounting the sign half to the band but I don't know how to go about doing that.

I will be using LED strip lights in a track with frosted lens to diffuse light evenly. I will mount it in the peak of the gable end of my dads shop for a Father's Day gift. My grandpa owned a standard station in small town minnesota so it has some meaning to the family.

Any help or input would be much appreciated.

image.jpeg image.jpeg