On my way back from Alaska this summer, I took the time to stop by Vic's 66, as it was in the first town I came to after crossing the border back into the USA. It happened to be on a sunday and the probability of it being open was very slim indeed! When I arrived at the location, it was closed but I felt I had to snap a few pictures for memories sake. I tried the front door just to make sure and even had the Warden snap a picture of me by the big sign in the parking lot!
I was about to proceed on my way, when I noticed a very large camper parked out behind the building! Remembering that Don had relocated not too long ago, I thought there might be a chance he was in that camper? The Warden and I drove around the corner, and sure enough, the gate was open! Well, there surely had to be someone around if the gate was open, so I marched right over there and knocked on the door---from inside a burley voice announced "just a minute" and I waited until someone answered the door. Don stuck his head out and politely asked who I was and what I wanted! I simply said my name and a big smile came over his face and a big right hand came out to shake mine. Having done a lot of business with Don, but having never met him, I had to ask who this smiling stranger shaking my hand was? I immediately recognized his voice when he replied "Don Beaver", and I got a big old "Bear Hug" from him!
We spent the next hour talking about old gas & oil, and looking over his newly acquired property. It may have been a sunday, but Don was happy and eager to have someone from the Midwest, stop by and say HI! It was a fun stop on a long journey for the Warden & I, but I'm glad we took the time to stop and put a face on the name!

Vics 1.jpg
What the heck! The place is closed!

Vics 2.jpg
Let me in, I came too far!

Vics 3.jpg
Picture to prove I was there!

Vics 4.jpg
The "Big Guy" himself, by the parts counter!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133