My dad restored this car about 10 years ago. Last weekend he gave it to me. I was in no hurry to get it, but he has cancer and his health is rapidly declining. I think he wanted me to get it now so that he could see how much I enjoyed it. That's my dad in front of the car.
I traveled to Illinois last weekend to trailer the car back to Michigan. My home town is on Route 66 (Pontiac, Illinois) so I thought it would be good to cruise old 66 with dad and take some photos in front of this old restored Standard Oil station about 10 miles down old 66 from Pontiac. It was great to cruise down the old highway with my dad listening to the pipes talkin in the back. When we got to the gas station, a bunch of guys on Harleys either stopped and admired the car or gave us the thumb's up going past. I was glad to see that dad saw that his work restoring the car was appreciated. I'll continue to care for the car and improve a few things along the way. Anyway, enjoy the pics. The new ride sure looks good in the pole barn with some signs and globes as a backdrop.

BrianH

Brian H