In the center of the attached photo is a G&B 65 pump on the left and a G&B 665, or 105 pump as referenced in Jack’s book, on the right. I apologize for all of the clutter in the picture. Both pumps are in as found condition and are believed to be complete.

I think the 665 is the first electrical pump manufactured by G&B and, as you can tell, the two models are very similar. I know of two other members on this site that have 665’s in their collections and here is my (our) problem.

None of the 665 pumps have a base! The model 65 has a small circular cast iron ring for a base and there is a large flat plate on the bottom of the pump chamber that spans the diameter of, and is bolted to, the base. The pump’s lower sheet metal has a flat bottom edge which also rests on the base. The model 665 pump chamber has a large casting on the bottom of the pump chamber, as shown in the second photo, that does not span the pumps overall diameter. In addition the lower sheet metal skin has a bead on the bottom lip which stands approximately a half inch of the ground when installed on the pump.

My question; can anyone tell me if the 665 pump had a base or, as I suspect, did this pump bolt down via the pump chamber like the earlier curb side pumps?

There are three Oldgasers that need to know the answer to this question.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1052.JPG