Old Gassers:

I wanted to let everyone know we making reproduction shoebox globes. A few years ago we started making Erie tops, and we used the same process to now make these shoe box globe bodies. Matt Alvarez contacted me about making these and donated a top to duplicate. The mold has come out excellent, very happy with it. Its pretty much an exact copy. We again are using glass-simulating urethane so that it lights up real nice.

I contacted Lance at Pogo about making silk screened glass lenses for these. Definitely something he's up for doing but would be nice to know if there are demand for those and which ones. There are other folks that have made the lenses in the past too.

I also plan on reproducing some of the bases, most likely out of plastic as well. Its a little complicated with the bases since there are so many different versions depending on the pump.

I think it'll be into the new year before we make tops in quantity. It be really helpful to know what the demand is for these since the materials are expensive. I expect to sell these for about the same price as the Erie tops, about $350 for the bodies. Feedback welcome via this post or PM, if you are interested please let me know. Also like to know if lenses are wanted and if bases are desirable?

Special thanks to Matt for being so helpful on this project!

Paul

1a.JPG 2a.JPG 3a.JPG 4a.JPG
Last edited by Paul Bell; Thu Nov 03 2016 06:23 PM.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/