Sure, I understand what you're saying, but here's the distinction: the rule says you can't post "in the value section" (aka the thread) an offer to buy, or a post stating you've "PM'd"(which is tantamount to an offer to buy) and I would agree that posting "email sent" is the same as "PM sent". But that rule applies to the thread...presumably due to the fact that we don't want the original poster's thread and question engulfed by offers to buy. However, off-thread contact and inquiries about the item are not prohibited. This was the point of Craig's post in this thread...and one that may have been lost on you...he was under the impression that the rule is as you have championed...when in fact, it is not. Now whether or not contacting someone off thread about an item is morally reprehensible or not, that is up for debate. Obviously I do not believe it is as long as you are not intentionally trying to mislead or otherwise be deceitful. I was doing neither. As such, I consider it A-OK.

Even for left coasters it's getting late...I will wish you a good night and I guess we can hear from the east coast tomorrow...lol...

Last edited by petropumps; Wed Nov 18 2015 01:08 AM.