I have a chance to buy a 1963 factory Supercharger Studebaker Avanti. I've always liked the early supercharged cars. These are a fiberglass body car, like the Corvettes. Avanti's were only produced for 2 years. In 1962 only 1200 were manufactured and in 1963 only 4600 were produced. They all had the Hawk 289 V8 engine and front disc brakes. The Paxton supercharger was optional.

I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around the looks of this car. Sometimes I look at it and think; that's far out styling and kinda cool. Then at other times; I see a hint of ugly!

I'm seriously considering it...every collection should have a car in it that stands alone simply because its so far out of the box! Different is a good thing in a garage full of cars.

I asked the wife for her opinion...her answer was if "you" like it...then buy it.

What are your thoughts on the styling? Have you had the pleasure of owning one? Would you consider buying one?

Here's some pictures of cars from the net. The engine compartment photo is of the supercharged engine (supercharger is red and belt driven).

Avanti-1.jpg Avanti-2.jpg Avanti-3.jpg Avanti-4.jpg
Last edited by Dave's Garage; Wed Mar 25 2015 12:22 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.