Judy Bennett sent me the following note to share with all of you.

"I appreciate your generosity. It has truely overwhelmed me. Thank You!

It has taken me a while to read all the Web site thoughts and condolences as I cry so much. These wonderful people all got it right! Dick had many sides to his personality. Warm and loving, charming and compassionate, and very passionate. It didn't matter if it was with family and friends, or his hobby of everything old gas.

I read that Dick was a grumpy old man. He could be, but more than that, he loved a good debate! Dick respected those who could take criticism and would stand up to him. I'm a true red head, and Dick was a grumpy old man (booger) and we got along just fine!

A few asked about Dick's service days. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1969 to 1971. He was on a minesweeper for over 2 years with the last 8 months in Vietnam. To honor my husband, I placed him in the Arvin National Cemetary in California with full armed guard services. It was a beautiful day there.

We met in 1975. I was 18 and a half years old. Dick was the love of my life for over 39 years. We were married in 1976. As I'm not a computer person, could you pass along this note to those interested? My sincere thanks for everyone that made donations in honor of Dick. From my heart, I will always be grateful.

God Bless,
Judy Bennett"

-------------------

Thanks, Judy for the note and for sharing Dick with us all these years. Great to know that he got so much enjoyment out of all the stuff happening here on Oldgas.com. Thanks also for the kind words for me in your other note.

God Bless,
Jim

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator