DCPate, you're making statements based on ignorance and supposition. Yes, I contacted the seller for Eric as I had offered to do. And I explained to him what a contract is and how it is enforced. The guy lied to me up one side and down the other, even telling me at one point that he had "accidentally" listed the item and that he never intended to sell it. When I brought up the fact that I knew it had been on Craigslist as well and that he had, in fact, contacted me (albeit unbeknownst to him) via email to tell me the sign had sold through ebay, his tune quickly changed. It was painfully obvious to me what his real motivation was. I also explained to him that if he sells the sign to someone else THAT person is civilly liable for tortious interference with a contract. The seller then quickly downshifted in to "how much will he (Eric) give me for it?" Long story short, my real role in this whole thing was brokering a deal and finding a solution. I'll leave it to Eric to chime in if he wants (although I can't think of a reason why he would) about the final sales price but it was more than the ebay sales price and, I believe, a fair outcome for all...even the sleezball seller.

Unfortunately in my line of work I can't always feel proud of everything I do, but this one I feel pretty darned good about.

Enjoy your sign, Eric!

P.S. Getting a lawsuit filed, getting him served and getting to court takes me about five days...a little less if I'm in a hurry...no "puffery" involved.

Last edited by petropumps; Sat Oct 25 2014 12:04 AM.