I felt I had to give you all an update on this situation. Yes I was the lucky one to come across this item within minutes of it being listed on ebay last week. I couldn't believe my eyes and thought that there was surely a chance it was no good but I gambled anyway. Within hours of the end of auction there was a thread about it here on OG which quickly rested my worry on it's authenticity. I immediatly thought...ugh ohh that might not be good for me. I had already contacted the seller and asked him to ship out that day as I had paid immediatly. He responded quickly with a " yep no problem" and that was that. Well after 2 days with no tracking updates I decided to email him. Nothing...nothing for the rest of the weekend. I already knew what was coming. Sure enough after a weekend of no replies to multiple emails and a phone call the seller finally answered me. He was claiming it was a mistake to list the item and wanted to cancel the transaction. I got a cancellation request from ebay and a full refund. Well I planned on going down swinging anyway. Ofcourse I had lost all hope of getting this item that I won fair and square and paid for within seconds of winning. Yes, I contacted Ebay..(Joke) which I knew but had to try anyway.

With all hope lost and pretty bummed out about the situation, I posted a congrats to the new owner and was done with it. Then it hit me why this site and the people on here are so great! I got an IM from Jeff Smith aka (petropumps)from OR, which just so happened to be the same state the seller was from. He wanted to help me in anyway he could in the matter....well Jeff just so happens to be a lawyer in the great state! So I gladly accepted his generous offer and passed on some info early morning on Tuesday. Even with the bad experience the offer from Jeff to do this just made my day regardless of the outcome. "What great people on here" I told my wife that morning. Well lets just say Mr Smith must be very good at what he does...lol. Within minutes of him contacting the seller, he was on the phone with me telling me he'd be more than happy to sell me the sign through Ebay. The sign was in the mail the morning after the phone call. It arrived today safe and sound! I want to express my deepest gratitude to Jeff for his help with this matter. I hope it was fun for him to get a small piece of justice against some of the nonsense that goes down on Ebay daily. Job well done!

Last edited by eric grinder; Fri Oct 24 2014 01:39 PM.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.