I'm sure some of you suspected and a few knew for sure but didn't say anything. Dick Bennett has been a moderator on Oldgas.com Shop Talk for the past 7 years as "Watchdog7." He and I sincerely tried to balance friendship and objectivity in how decisions were made. I worked with DB to tone down his rough delivery and past grudges and still be Dick. Lots of his rougher posts got deleted or edited and he seldom complained about it.

I've been accused of letting DB get away with everything and giving him a supply of "Get out of jail free" cards. The truth is we went around and around in discussing and adjusting how situations and members were dealt with. We didn't always agree, but I trusted DB and he let me down only occasionally with his delivery, not with his honesty, objectivity or dedication to the forum and hobby. He regularly gave me a hard time about being to easy on certain people and issues. Some of the changes in the forum to make things better were his original ideas.

I was glad to share a foxhole with DB in the fight to keep the Oldgas.com community on focus, family friendly and with minimal serious conflict.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator