This outpouring of love and respect for DB reminds me of a funeral I attended years ago, where a man got up to speak. He stood up and said "Joe was my best friend, but from everything that's been shared today, it's obvious I was not his best friend"
Well, it's obvious DB has touched us all. I've known DB for many years. Not as many as some, but many. When my 20 year old grandson was 3 years old, he attended his first Roy Reed gas bash. DB made sure that the 3yr old didn't leave the show without his first oil can. He did the same for the next two grandsons that followed. DB was to be my wife's 1st phone call after I passed, to help her figure the best way to dispose of my collection. He would kid me all the time about being in my will, and I did the same with him. He was honest to a fault. Not one time have I heard of a "deal" gone bad where he was involved. He was not a braggard, however he did like to remind you that he had been playing this game for many, many years! When I learned of his passing, still in shock, my wife asked me, "so who are you going to call now?" "Who is going to rise up in his place on old gas?".......Dick you were not suppose to do this. Rest In Peace DB.

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas