I just wanted to mention my personal encounter with DB. We were going to Santa Paula to pick up a pump that I bought from Big Block Anthony that was residing at GPR's place. Dick said he'd meet us there. Well he helped load up the trailer and we went for lunch and then he showed us the town of SP. He had a number of pumps on display in the museum attached to the Union Oil Head Office Building and we tried to get into see those but it was the holidays and the curator would not return his call and we couldn't get in! We went to his home where we were treated to his Visi tree, Twin Towers of 36B tops, Wayne 492 as well as a visit to the guest bedroom. Now not too many women would have liked it but boy oh boy us petro guys would have! You can see why from the picture.
He was a patient gracious host and always asked of Bev in our subsequent conversations. A far far different person from the persona his avatar so well portrayed on OG. Judging from the response to the news of his passing one can say that you can spell respect on OG: DICK BENNETT.
Travel well Dick and see you in a few years,eh! And hopefully the curator answered your last call my friend.

trip to SG and BC 192 (450x338) (400x300).jpg
Dick showing us Union Oil smalls