The thing I notice in this thread is that no one has pointed out to Proud Dad,and perhaps other newcomers,what he can do to avoid such problems in the future.

Doug, there a couple of reference books,readily available,that you might consider ordering.First is Vic's catalog.All you have to do is go to page 60 of the 08 catalog and there the sign is,listed at $18 in 08.I mention it because there are well over 50 signs,including many pop pump plates listed.Many of them too are on Ebay all the time.Second,get PCM's book on gas pump restorations and you will notice that apparently Gulf never made such a sign.

Personally,I can assure you that some experienced collectors either don't know as much as you might think,or,for reasons of their own choose to mislead those new to the hobby.We have said it many times on here,BUY THE REFERENCE BOOKS,then you can do your own researce to your own satisfaction.

AS to other issues raised on this thread,I'll stay out of that because I think enough has already been said.My post is intended to perhaps help newcomers along.