Good evening everyone.
I guess I will continue on with some more history, into the thirties.
1930, B/A made plans for a new refinery in Montreal to process crude oil from Texas.
1931, B/A started a fleet of 5 tanker ships, and will add to the fleet as years progress.
1933, Due to the depression, and the dirty thirties on the Prairies, B/A employees took a cut in wages, but no one was laid off.
1934, B/A built Canada's first Absorption Plant at Longview Alberta and also built a 50 mile pipeline from Cutbank Montana to the Coutts Alberta refinery.
1936, B/A had a total of 5,500 company and dealer owned service stations and 813 bulk plants.
1938, Construction was underway in Calgary Alberta for a new refinery. B/A subsidiaries in the U.S. extended down into Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas.
1941, A refinery in Clarkson Ontario which was already under construction was being modified due to the war effort to produce Aviation fuels and oils. The tanker fleet was also used to haul fuel and oil to England.
1943, The Executive Vice President of the B/A subsidiary company in the U.S., became the President of B/A as Albert Ellsworth was in poor health, and stayed on as a Chairman, which he stayed as, until his death.
1944, Of the 840 B/A employees who went off to war, all of them were hired back and those who did not, were honored by B/A. B/A bought out Union Oil Co. Of Canada on the west coast and Vancouver Isle, and becoming a Company stretching from coast to coast which was Albert Ellsworth's dream. B/A also expanded in the U.S. with 375 wells at the Steamboat Butte and Pilot Butte oil fields near Casper Wyoming. B/A was named the exclusive distributor of Fisk Tires in Canada. 1946, Right after the war, Gulf Oil bought a 20% interest in B/A
1948, The new round logo, red,green and white was introduced. The bow-tie was used for a while with the round logo for a smooth transition.
I think I will stop here for now and continue next time into the '50's. I will round up some more pictures in the meantime.