Good evening everyone.
Sorry for being late, after supper chores to do.
First off, I would like to acknowledge and thank Alex Colwell for the references and history of the British American Oil Co., and his wonderfull web site.If it were not for him, this would not be possible. Also a huge thanks to Doc for the awsome banner, a wonderfull talent he has.
I will start off with some history of the B/A company, and do a section every night or so, as to not get too drawn out and boring. Along with that, I will post pictures, mostly from my collection which consists mostly items etc. from the 1940's to 1969. Anyone else who has any photos or history,please feel free to post anytime. Now that that is out of the way, here we go.
In 1906, 29 year old Albert Ellsworth, a native of Welland Ontario, founded the British American Oil Co. Previous to that, Albert spent 9 years working at Standard Oil's Acme, Buffalo Refinery.
Albert acted as the Secretary-Treasurer for the company, and a man by the name of S.R. Parson was the first President of B/A.
The name of British American Oil came about being organized with a province of Ontario Charter dated Oct.17, 1906, under the British Authority of King Edward VII, so it was a British Company as Canada was still under the British Reign. American Petroleum products were the standard measure around the world, so it was a British company, with American standards in Canada, hense the name.
I think I will stop there for now, and continue later. I will see if I can post a few pictures of some signs.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-01-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-02-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-02-2007).]