Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
#751422 Thu Jul 09 2020 08:47 AM
20200630_122624.jpg
Gilbarco 996 model gas pump

This is my Gilbarco 9961ls model gas pump.. it belonged to my late grandfather who bought it in the 1960s at a auction to use on a farm.. after he was done with it he laid it down in our backyard which was his junkyard at the time... for 50 years it rusted and everything inside froze up.. two years ago i brought it up to my house and started restoring it.. thankfully most of the original parts were still there and intact... unfortunately a door was missing, the sight glass was shattered, and the windows were gone.. there was a crack on the original door, and a hole on the top lid.. the damage was eventually repaired and the missing parts were replaced... its bsen given its red paint back but with a different style, instead of fully being red, i decided to paint the doors white.. all the interior machinery is original and some of it works now... 50 years ago it was dead and rusted.. now its so much better and runs again... 95% of it is original parts...
1 Comments
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. It is nice that you honored your late grandfather with the restoration.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
1 member likes this: Heber Richins

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved