Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: mcguffeyd1
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!

...is this sign different than the one you sold one two weeks ago?

Mark,
Long story short... I sold this sign as i had another purchased at a lower price. Sold this one for good money and went to pick up my new sign. Well the one i went to get ended up being a fake sign... I was able to call the guy i sold this to and he agree to sell it back to me, for a small price increase (well worth it)... He made money and i was happy to get it back. Very hard sign to find in this shape.

Dan

...I'll say...glad it worked out for you...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great stuff everyone. Thanks for sharing!

T
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
T
Great stuff everyone! I'll I ever find is the crusty stuff.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Just got back from Southern Ohio with a super rare Aircraft Gasoline on 15" metal and a rare Golden Tip one piece globe with "Viscoyl" down each side! Then I stopped at an antique mall on the way home and picked up the rare Ethyl Gasoline globe on 16.5" metal. Just got lucky this week!!! Scott B.

Cincinnatiglobes 003.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Scott... is the Aircraft globe related to Sinclair, or just really similar logos?

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Scott very nice. I will echo Bryce's question on the aircraft globe.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know we all have an incurable addiction to this stuff that keeps us on a continual search, and we're never satisfied until we find an object to purchase ---BUT--- I really thought I was getting better and maybe headed for recovery?
Turns out that last week, I had a severe relapse and found out that my addiction has spread along a different direction and was really only hidden from me for a short while!
All this time, I have been telling myself and others, that I'm not really a can person, and only bought a few to supplement my Cities Service collection! Sure, there were other brands in there, but I reasoned that it was only because I chanced upon a "GOOD DEAL" every once in a while, that couldn't be passed up.
Then all of a sudden it happened--I began receiving some odd brand cans in the mail, and for the life of me, I couldn't remember buying them? I thought they must be freebies from neighbors and friends? I happened to check my ebay page and "there it was"-- I had been buying this stuff the previous week and hiding it from myself! It now seems that my addiction knows no bounds, and will go so far as to delete purchases from my memory, just to feed the addiction!!!!
Has this happened to anyone else, and can I even safely venture outside, or heaven forbid--into an antique mall anymore? I shudder to think what might happen at an open auction sale! I'm thinking of checking myself into the local tavern for some immediate REHAB! Is anyone with me on this? Lets all hit our favorite taverns tonight, precisely at 7PM, and if need be, we can repeat the process every week/day until the problem subsides! Lets GO!!!

New Can Group.JPG Texaco Marine cans.JPG Red Indian can.JPG Oilzum Can.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Couple More!

Golden Shell can.JPG Veltex Oiler.JPG Veedol Lubester lid.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Kevin,
The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I wish but the Aircraft Gasoline is not Sinclair. Looks like one though doesn't it! Scott B.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Kevin 'Ol buddy, how about you and me going to the next Petro Show and I can point out all the cool stuff I want...er...you want... and I can carry it for you grin

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've tried the tavern route to help the addiction. After a couple of beers it just got worse! Plus, you always run in to somebody at a tavern that knows a guy, who knows a guy that had an old gas pump behind his barn......it's hopeless. Kinda like every time I go through an antique mall and find nothing but garage sale junk and say I'm never stopping at another one. Then, somebody shows off a nice mall find like you Scott, and it's game on again! We are indeed a hopeless lot.....

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Light bar for my sign post

And here's a story...I picked up this flattened 5 qt at the recent Moultrie GA Swap Meet. The guy selling them had 3 and they were all bent at the edges...about a 3/8ths lip folded over. The fella said he bought nearly 200 at an estate sale in Ohio. Evidently they shingled and entire Barn with them...had to been thousands. Talk about being thrifty!!! Would have loved to have seen that barn back in the day....Unsure how they got all those cans or if there were other brands used.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kevin, I swore I would only buy gas pumps and only use repop globes on them, ha ha, My garage is full and it is more than gas pumps. Lots of cans, sign and some original globes. Oh yeah maps and some other smalls.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Great find's! The signs I find usually have bullet holes, and lots of porcelain chips!

I'm collecting all types of porcelain signs but prefer Mobil Oil.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved