Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The problem is going to be when they get into circulation over here .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
They are already here, I bought one from our connection in Quebec ( and he is suppose to be the expert on Red Indian ),,,it was a huge controversy on OLDGAS last summer 2013, I returned it to him.. not sure what he did with it.

Last edited by Wes Hague; Fri Oct 17 2014 09:36 AM.

Wes.......
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Guys, I'm the moron, yes me. I didn't look at where the sign was coming from and asked Wes about the sign. I contacted the seller and have shipped the sign back. He has already, prior to even receiving the sign, given me my money back, my original shipping cost and my return shipping cost. That says a lot about the guy....I think
Ray

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I'm curious what exactly do you think that say's about "the guy"?.......because what I think it say's, is he's trying everything he can not to get a negative from you saying he's selling fakes.........that's my opinion.

Last edited by really; Sat Oct 18 2014 09:42 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
I can not believe people are so stupid. Think about it for a minute or just a second. Canadian Red Indian sign in INDIA ? The company that has not used that sign in let us say 60 years or so ? How in the world would it get to India? What are they thinking or is it just greed on each buyer and sellers part ?

I suspect many of the ebay buyers know the signs are fake but plan on reselling them representing them as originals.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Ray , we have all been duped myself included and many collectors if they admit or not have also been had . But we are all learning now about the lengths these guys go to . That and the great support on here will make it a better long term collecting world , thanks to everyone on here for there advice and great info to make sure things are original .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This image from another site. It should help people from making the mistake on the fraudulent signs and does identify the differences between real and fake.

[img]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/DBL_NKL/Oil%20and%20Gas/COTM%20Red%20Indian/orig_vs-fake.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved