Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jwood7 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Great condition grease can with awesome graphics. Can is in really nice shape and is dated 1926. Price is 275 shipped.

super service.jpg super service2.jpg super service3.jpg
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Hi, Jon. Just a point of hopefully helpful clarification: Your item is not a grease can. As noted on the graphics, it is a can that originally contained "transmission lining". This item would be a roll or bands of pre-cut friction material that served to transfer power (rather than using a clutch disc)inside a car or truck transmission of a certain design. For example, the Ford Model T used this type of transmission lining material to get the power from the engine to the rear wheels. The company changed to the more "modern" round clutch disc set-up with the advent of its Model A in 1928. It's certainly a nifty can....and good luck with your sale. John

jwood7 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Wow I feel dumb thank you very much for clarifying that. I also am open to offers as I have never really seen this can before. Thanks

Last edited by jwood7; Sat Sep 13 2014 05:56 PM. Reason: misspelling

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved