Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I have several here currently. Just pulled one out of a Gilbarco 900 series. I cut out the copper to resell and sell the casings as scrap iron. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
OP Offline
S
Another day of quarantine in shop just the pump and me- after trip to grangers for start cap. Installed cap and decided to do away with the romex. Drilled 2 extra holes where wire feeds into conduit at back of motor so now in the junction box are the hot, neutral, and switched hot for light. Everything reassembled. Motor runs good pump develops suction and light works. Next I will test with 5 gal diesel. Don’t think I need motor

S
OP Offline
S
Quarantining with Gilbarco: Now motor and pump are running good. I hooked everything up and put a suction tube in a bucket of diesel and turned her on. Pump develops great head and sprayed fuel everywhere. The meter was stuck and so everything pumped out overflow tube. I pulled the computer off the meter and nudged the meter shaft- it (broke??) loose and when I ran the pump this time fuel flowed to the hose. Now As I pump fuel the meter does not not turn continuously (like one of the pistons is stuck?) I wonder if it will un-stick now that there is diesel everywhere? The computer shaft turns but makes a grinding sound as the 10th's turn? I am now running parts washer solvent (safety clean) through the computer to clean all remaining mouse house out of it. I hope it will free it up. Any suggestions on rebuilding the meter or not?

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Paul: do you have meter assembly? I need the gears that drive the computer at least but I’ll take the whole meter if you got. Tx

A6068AC5-BBF4-477B-8AC8-0C497B9DB9D2.jpeg
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you Paul for the meter! I took just the gear set off and installed on my meter. Meanwhile I thoroughly cleaned and lubed the computer. ( I took the base gears of the dial assembly). I found that the totalizer wheels were locked up which was jamming the computer which broke the meter pinion gear... Now everything is assembled and I have been pumped over 100 gal of diesel fuel through the unit. Everything seems to work (including the gallons totalizer). I am now almost ready to put the thing all back together and put it back in service at the farm. I have a few questions:
1) Anybody know what the little balls are made of in the site glass? Where can I get some?
2) I am going to install a filter inside the unit and connect it to between the meter outlet and the visible discharge assembly. I'd like to plumb it with 7/8" copper tubing and flare connections similar to the pump discharge line. Should I use soft copper?
3) Why do I get substantial fuel coming out of the vent tube of the sump? If flow out that line is normal, I might send it back to the tank.
4) I would like to mount the pump on the side of the driveway opposite the building where my above ground fuel tank is located. If I connect to that tank I will run about 50' of pipe under the driveway and then connect to the top of the tank. Is 50' of 1 1/2" horizontal too much head? can I reduce to 1"?

Tx

S
OP Offline
S
Almost ready for final assembly: installed filter:

50552C19-DB14-4672-8834-776C7A36C068.jpeg
Last edited by snakeknuckles; Thu Apr 23 2020 04:27 AM.
S
OP Offline
S
Doing a final wet test before final assembly: minor leak at meter outlet- simple fix since I replaced the hard pipe with flex to filter...

Only one other problem I need help with- when I reset the computer, the dials on the totalizer side zero out correctly but the opposite side zeroes everything but tens of gallons. That dial increments 1 digit at each reset. I’ve got the computer back on the bench and do not see anything that looks broken... Can somebody advise me on this? It is not a big deal as I plan to install the pump where it will only be accessed from one side, but if the fix is simple I will do before final reassembly.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved