Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#711722 Tue Jun 19 2018 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This sinclair oils 48" sign is 2 single sided signs in one metal hand riveted hanger . It's was stolen along with one 48" gasoline sign also in a hanger this past week end of jun 16th . Both signs were hanging high up into the rafters of buddys RV shed , Jerry martin oldgas member ( sinclair 1951 ) . He called me and I was able to come up with pictures of the oils sign . If anyone hears or would see anything , please call either one of us . Jerry 1-314 -607-8963 Travis 573-783-9766 . Maybe something will turn up we are hoping with this being such a rare sign .thank you.

image.jpg image.jpg
Last edited by 47reo-travis; Tue Jun 19 2018 12:56 PM.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good to hear from you Travis but not this way! Will definitely keep an eye out for this sign.Sounds like someone knew those signs were in there if they were inside his rv garage. This is what always makes me nervous when we all share so much information but what are we supposed to do? I refuse to live like a hermit and not enjoy my collection and sharing it with friends. Hope these signs turn up and the crooks get their just desserts....Gary

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hello Gary! Good to hear from you as well thanks . I Wasn't going to post this but foolish not too . Lots of good people on oldgas , some one might make a connection. Thanks buddy .

Hi Travis,
I'll keep an eye out for Jerry's Sinclair signs.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Jim , thank you so much .

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would bet that the thief has been in the barn. Cameras ? Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
On the look out! Lowlife S.O.B.'s

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Owen and everyone else ! ...""Update !!!! Good and bad news! Good news ...We got the oils sign back complete both signs still in the hanger . The bad news ......gas sign is still not recovered yet and we don't have a picture of that one .Jerry called today , I asked if he wanted me to update this post and he said yes . We have a friend that is a retired postmaster that buys and sells antiques of all kinds and he lives on a main 2 lane highway where he advertises from a hand painted sign that he buys antiques and has done this for years . Well yesterday 2 guys showed up asking if he was interested in some sinclair signs. Jerry had already tipped our buddy off and and he had pictures of our 48 " sinc oils sign and instantly knew that was them so he purchased them back . The law has all the information on them via the theifs phone number from when the first guy called and the car plates from when they brought the stolen sign and sold it to our collector friend. Now we have to wait for the sheriff dept to go after them . Hopefully you all can will hear the justice side of this story soon . Thank you everyone for keeping a eye out anyway .

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by 47reo-travis
Thanks Owen and everyone else ! ...""Update !!!! Good and bad news! Good news ...We got the oils sign back complete both signs still in the hanger . The bad news ......gas sign is still not recovered yet and we don't have a picture of that one .Jerry called today , I asked if he wanted me to update this post and he said yes . We have a friend that is a retired postmaster that buys and sells antiques of all kinds and he lives on a main 2 lane highway where he advertises from a hand painted sign that he buys antiques and has done this for years . Well yesterday 2 guys showed up asking if he was interested in some sinclair signs. Jerry had already tipped our buddy off and and he had pictures of our 48 " sinc oils sign and instantly knew that was them so he purchased them back . The law has all the information on them via the theifs phone number from when the first guy called and the car plates from when they brought the stolen sign and sold it to our collector friend. Now we have to wait for the sheriff dept to go after them . Hopefully you all can will hear the justice side of this story soon . Thank you everyone for keeping a eye out anyway .

Should post up a picture and names of these bums once the law takes action so they can be permanently blackballed. Scum like this should be outted, tarred and feathered.

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Be interesting to see if Jerry recognizes either of these jokers....Like Dave mentioned previously, they had to know the signs were in there somehow either via a visit or maybe did some work in there.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved