Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
OP Offline
Z
Hey Guys,

I need help getting my collection started. I would like to purchase some entry level Porcelain Oil and Gas signs. Nothing rate, just some basic signs to get me started.

Ebay is full of fakes so I am not sure where to get started.

Please contact me if you have some suggestions.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Check out the events tab on this page. There are several shows in Indiana and the adjoining states every year. Also, check the For Sale forums on this site. Good luck with the hunt!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
I will be selling several porcelain and painted signs at a swap meet and car show from July 27th thru July 29th in Salina Kansas. Not sure what im taking but will for sure have some entry level signs in the $400 range. Call if you can make it.

Thanks

Steve 3162077782

N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
be careful as you start! watch out for ebay and use the people here and other places that you trust. Lot of fakes and reproductions out there.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Nubbers123
be careful as you start! watch out for ebay and use the people here and other places that you trust. Lot of fakes and reproductions out there.

That is good advise. There are many porcelain signs on ebay that seem to be great deals and are very tempting, but are only reproductions and will contaminate your collection. If you go to upgrade in the future you will be forced to either compromise your integrity and self worth and knowingly sell a fake or take a major hit. Repops are for decorators and are rarely are a decent investment and most true, seasoned collectors dont want them in their collection. Some boners who only buy "great deals"on Ebay have whole collections of fakes and dont even know it. P.S. I've seen plenty of crooks at general antique shows and flea markets who have tons of fakes mixed in with original signs and are passing them off as old. At least at most established Advertising shows, most dealers help police one another and the shows owners dont want that type of stuff going on at their event. In my opinion Facebook is pretty tough because the better deals seem to be snagged up quickly and a newer person is -or should be -tentative.

Last edited by JimT; Sun Jul 23 2017 03:36 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved