Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#688008 - Mon Jun 05 2017 01:12 PM Alemite Grease Dispenser ?
Speedracer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan, USA (near Chesterfie...
Hi all,

My friend just got two of these Alemite grease dispensers (at least, that's what I think they are). They are cool art deco, I assume from the 50's. I can't find anything on Old Gas or on Google about them. I don't even see any pics on Google images.

He was wondering what they are worth. I told him the fine folks on a website I am always on might know! If anyone has an idea what they are worth, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments
alemite[1].jpg

Edited by Speedracer (Mon Jun 05 2017 01:13 PM)

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#688335 - Sun Jun 11 2017 12:11 AM Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? [Re: Speedracer]
Speedracer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

BTT. Anyone have any ideas of value?

Thanks for any help,
Steve

#688802 - Sun Jun 18 2017 06:50 PM Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? [Re: Speedracer]
tbuckles Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Carthage, IN USA
Those are a hard sell, although it has a cool look I've never seen much of a demand. I've seen them priced at $250 but I'm guessing around $100 is closer to a point that actually sells....just my opinion.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana

#688884 - Mon Jun 19 2017 10:45 PM Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? [Re: Speedracer]
Speedracer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Thanks Tom. I will pass that info along to him. I don't know what he's going to do with them. He likes restoring stuff, so we'll see.
Thanks again, see you in Columbus,
Steve

#689793 - Mon Jul 03 2017 08:09 PM Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? [Re: Speedracer]
TheHorse13 Online   content

Loc: Jefferson County, WV
That Alemite logo is from the 1940s. There is a guy who runs a website dedicated to their workbenches and other equipment. All of the 1940s workbenches have that round logo.

I've seen several later versions of the grease pumps on Craigslist. They have sat for months priced at 200 each.

#689848 - Tue Jul 04 2017 05:24 PM Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? [Re: Speedracer]
Speedracer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Sonny. I will pass this along to my buddy. I appreciate your response.

#692747 - Fri Aug 18 2017 10:44 PM Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? [Re: Speedracer]
alemite Offline

Loc: So Cal
1945-47 High Pressure Lubricator.

Ad is from late 1945.
The Round flyingA logo seemed to only be in use on the dispensers from 45 to early 47.
I am with the gentlemen above, with the worth being from $100-150 per piece, to a collector.

Moderator:  Alex, Oldgas 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved