Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Thought someone here could give me some idea of what this is worth. I am considering purchasing it and am not sure on it's value or authenticity. The Eco meter just below the globe is fiberglass. The center is metal and the base is fiberglass. I am not familiar with these. Shouldn't it be all metal?

Any idea on value? It sure looks great but I don't want to pay more than it's worth.
Thanks for any help.
Can't seem to upload an image. It's a 1930's era POLY Air Drum Pump with an Eco Tireflator meter. It's green with the Polly bird on the side. It's mint. If someone has an image they can post of one I can confirm if it's the same.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds like a repo to me...... but pictures would tell the story. Chris

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
It sounds like the ones that Gas pump heaven sell possibly, they are a reproduction of the original ones. You might check with them, as they have them listed at $995.00.
There ad also states that theirs is Metal head, Metal drum and base. They usually do a pretty good job of recreating things.

Craig
C
OP Offline
C
Chris and Craig, thanks very much for your replies. I just looked at the Gas Pump Heaven site and they had a pic of a red one that looked alot like the one I was looking at.

If you guys would go to www.autocollections.com and go to collectibles, a picture is there with the price of $7,700. We were in Vegas last week and visited the Linq Museum which had this for sale. The curator seemed like a straight shooter. They were selling it for a consignor. I told him I would post here to ascertain it's authenticity and value.

Let me know what you think and thank you very much for your time and expertise. I appreciate it.

C
OP Offline
C
Just to update: I did speak with Dianne at Gas Pump Heaven in Nebraska and had e-mailed her a picture of the Polly Air Drum Pump. No question that this is a repro but it was not done by them. They may have supplied parts for this some time ago to a gentleman in California who built the repro.

So: Buyer beware. It's certainly not worth the $7,750 they were asking in Vegas. I did notify the seller. Figures that not much in Vegas is real!

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paul--Sent you a PM.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
C
OP Offline
C