Next Thread
Print Thread
#676873 Mon Jan 16 2017 04:44 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Have a Morrison Bros delivery truck nozzle in need of polishing.Looking for some advise on a good cleaner,some kind of a dip would be great. Also anyone in the business of cleaning or polishing them.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I used Kevin Marshall to do a couple pieces for me, and I was more than satisfied with his work. He is on Facebook and his phone number is 918-397-2221. Tell him I sent you!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Lemon juice , baking soda , #0000 fine steel wool . Then polish out with compound . Try it you will like it .

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
buzzy56 #676936 Tue Jan 17 2017 07:57 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Thanks guys, I will give the juice a try. Now have to find some brass rivets and it's a go.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brass isn't too hard to polish up. It comes down to how polished you want it and if you want to remove imperfections in it or not. You can use a rotary tool to sand it down to remove pits, maybe 180 grit if needed followed by 320. That step is skip-able if you are less picky or part isnt too beat up. Then I hit it with my bench top grinder using two wheels, one a sisal wheel (which has fibers in it to remove scratches) with red rogue and then a soft white wheel with white rogue for shine. Harbor Freight has a cheap bench grinder for like $40 that works fine if you dont have one, thats what I have. Probably not worth getting if you dont plan on polishing more stuff, but handy to have around for soft metal polishing like brass, copper, etc. It makes polishing faster, less aggravating. Have to be a little careful how you hold the part while polishing so it doesnt fly out of your hands catching an edge.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Paul Bell #676973 Tue Jan 17 2017 06:22 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Thanks all for replying, lots of options. I have the time now to diddle around with this old nozzle, it's dead of winter in north Wis. It's been very well used and has lots of dings and scratches. I have a place for it on my 41 IH gas truck and it will add to it's correctness. I do have a polishing kit Paul that I bought eons ago when I was restoring my 55 Mercury so I'm good there. That car had miles of stainless on it.Lots of nooks and crannies on this old piece of junk and whatever I do will only make it better.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Terry, if your memory of polishing is with stainless steel, you'll find brass SOOOO much easier. No comparison, its probably ten times harder to polish than brass.

I just left northern Wisconsin for a while, totally understand your point!

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved