Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#656907 Sun May 29 2016 07:16 PM
O
OP Offline
O
I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. My uncle is aging and getting rid of a bunch of his items. He did not collect these things with the intent of collecting them. He bought things in bulk and still uses oil and grease that he bought in the 60s around the farm to this day. Yesterday he gave me this battery charger. It is working and I'm thinking that the paint should be properly restored. Let me know your thoughts or if you have any info on this charger. I've looked and I can not find one like it online anywhere.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have one but its quite a bit different!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool charger... I just clean it up real good and leave it as is.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome.
Don't do a damn thing to it and leave it just like that. smile

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll leave it as it is and just clean what I can. I will post pictures of other things that I've been collecting from him. I really appreciate the input.

Last edited by Optimisticolivr; Mon May 30 2016 01:41 PM.
O
OP Offline
O
I see you deal with a number of gas pumps. I'd be interested in hearing if you have any thoughts on this one. It has been installed at the farm in my driveway since my grandfather put it there decades ago. I'm not sure if it's worth my time to restore it or just look for a better pump if I want one for my collection. At the moment it is still connected to the underground tank, it hasn't been used since the mid 80's. I found a pump nozzle that is still in the box from around the 50's or 60's that was kept as a spare for it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice Erie! That is a great pump and you need to keep that one in the family.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Erie 70 was made in 1937. That pump has a lot of patina (almost 80 years) on it!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That patina is all rust! lol

Where as your battery charger will clean up nice, there is barely paint on your pump and will look really nice restored IMHO. But on this list you will find a lot of different opinions on what others would do. Some are never restore folk while others would restore in this condition. Ultimately ya' gotta please yourself, tho if you plan to sell it, don't so the next person can choose to restore or not.

That you have an out of the box nozzle is a big plus as you can get a hose for this. And I imagine the pump is complete otherwise.

Because your pump is a family pump, you probably can find out from the older generation what brand it was and the colors. It looks like it was white, but there may have been bands of other color on the pump as well. Most people match any colors that might have been on the pump to colors from the reproduction brand decals or pump plates that they put on the pump for the restoration.

As a farm pump it might not have had decals, but the circular paint chip pattern suggests otherwise.

If you type Erie 70 in the oldgas google search box in the upper right of this thread, you can find old threads about the pump. You can also go to the OLDGAS vintage gas pump image album to see some other Erie 70 pumps.

If you have any future questions about your pump, consider posting them in a separate thread with the subject line Erie 70.

Have fun!

Last edited by Nicole; Tue May 31 2016 02:47 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved