Next Thread
Print Thread
#649568 Thu Mar 10 2016 07:50 PM
D
dougie Offline OP
OP Offline
D
hi all,
i have a 1006 diesel pump. i powered her up and the lights work and the pump runs when i manually lift the lever on the back of the contactor box. i can't work out how the handle on the side of the bowser is supposed to lift the lever? internally, there is a control rod with a spring that obviously turns the pump off but doesnt seem to pull up on the contactor lever enough to switch on the motor? what am i missing here, gents. i hope to use the pump for my veg oil set up that i run my diesels on.
kind regards,
dougie
update. i got it to work by fiddling with the metering device above the pump. seems a bit sticky with old grease and dust etc.
now to pipe it up and see if it delivers!

Last edited by dougie; Thu Mar 10 2016 09:20 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
dougie #649580 Fri Mar 11 2016 12:16 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
First of all your pump was sold as a gas pump, it might have been used to pump diesel, but sold as a gas pump. For more information about your pump check out this page of my website:

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gas%20pump%20literature.htm

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Mar 11 2016 12:20 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
dougie #649589 Fri Mar 11 2016 05:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Whew--relieved it's not oil for consumption. Others have asked about using their pumps for soda, etc for their man caves.

That's cool. Jack's literature will help I am sure. Others will chime in over time.

Welcome again to Old Gas!

Last edited by Nicole; Fri Mar 11 2016 05:46 AM.
Jack Sim #685599 Wed Apr 26 2017 11:44 PM
D
dougie Offline OP
OP Offline
D
thanks for your reply. i finally got around to installing the pump and after replacing the hose, i'm still getting little black bits of what appears to be decomposed rubber coming out of the pump. i've pushed about 500lts/120 gallons through her. i'm hoping i can source seals and parts to service this good thing. first to your shop for the parts manual!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved