Next Thread
Print Thread
#623600 Tue Jul 28 2015 09:47 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Sorry no pick yet, it's on the way. A guy I work with inherited some kind of ornate iron printing press and asked me if I could help him finding out if there is any value in it. He says its about 3 ft wide, 3 1/2 -4 ft high and about 6 ft long.
So lets start here, is there a collectors market for such a thing?

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Steven C. #623612 Tue Jul 28 2015 11:00 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PM sent

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Steven C. #624333 Mon Aug 03 2015 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes, it's a niche but definitely a market for it. I'm on a long road trip right now and I've seen a few of the old presses being used again. It has a certain look that is appreciated by some. My dad is in Wisconsin, I'll PM you too, maybe I could get a few photos...

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Steven C. #624388 Tue Aug 04 2015 04:34 AM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Depending on condition and MFG it could have little value to considerable value. The size you mention would have often been used in smaller operations(book shops, small print shops, schools, or for doing specific types of printing in larger operations.

Simply speaking from a decorative standpoint the more ornate the better the money they tend to bring from a few hundred up to a thousand or so. A working press on the other hand can bring decent money to very good money.

There are a few sites like Briarpress.com which can guide you through some of the valuing process.

If you can find out the name of the MFG that would be a big start, but rest assured someone out there would definitely find it collectible.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved