I bought my first gas pump around 25 years ago to go with my classic cars. it started as one, but like we all know, that escalated into a quite a few. I am involved with restoring muscle cars and sometimes can't keep up with the current prices or trends. I didn't think there would be much value to this, but some ones idea of pretty can be certainly different from others lol. I love petroliana and not sure what my first love is cars or petro. Petroliana seems to be taking over as my obsession more than the cars anymore. I posted this pump as I never seen in my area. I thought it was the ugliest pump next to the gasboy I've ever seen. I would never have any interest in this whatsoever. But I didn't know if there was something I was missing and didn't want to see the guy scrap it if I was wrong, like Tom and Phil mentioned the top, I would have never thought anything about the top, that's why I consider these guys the experts. I told my friend if he grabs the pump to save the top from it. I am no expert by any means and even though I collect pumps, I knew there were guys on here that live and breath pumps that could tell me. I could see someone doing one of these as mentioned for a pedal car display, but I think that person would be more of a decorator than a petro collector.
everything has its place
I thank you for all your help and the pm's that some of you sent me.

Last edited by shawn; Thu Jul 09 2015 07:22 PM.