Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
now, go find that Plymouth!

Yah, no kidding!! looks like a cool car!!
And I see what you mean about the park!! I can see why this picture inspires you so much!!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
You are very welcome!

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When I first read this post, memories of my involvement with this hobby came flooding over me! I have very distinct memories of every artifact that I have gathered and as I sit in my shop and view my collection, my mind often races along those same paths as that old Plymouth PE that Kevin describes.
Because of my involvement in this hobby, I have spent countless hours traveling the back roads of America, in search of some object that might enlighten me and teach me about that time that I was not privileged to enjoy!
The passage of time and its finality are something that is often on my mind, and it gives a vast amount of importance to the items I have gathered on this little journey of mine. These items have seen so much of the world and its daily happenings, that I can't help but spend time reflecting on the progress of the world as I know it, and the importance these items have played in that progression.
Some of the most enjoyable times in my life, have been spent alone in my shop, staring in wonderment, at the pieces that represent one of the greatest passions of my life. I have often had dreams of events and vehicles from the past and I believe that is the real reason I have been driven to participate within this hobby on such a serious basis.
As I sit in my shop and stare, the dreams and thoughts that wander through my mind, take me to countless places that I could never have imagined otherwise. They often take me down some imaginary highway that others have traveled, and I don't doubt for a second that I probably pulled into the same station as that old Plymouth PE and filled up my 56 Chevy convertible from the same pump and felt the presence of the distinguished couple riding in it, as they pulled away in another time and era.
I truly appreciate that there are others out there that have the same passions and reasons for collecting these artifacts, that I do!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
KEVIN, VERY,VERY, WELL SAID!!!

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Kevin,
As always, you have such a good way of looking at it. I imagine sitting in your shop enjoying your collection would be like Disney land to most, if not all of us on this site.
I love looking through the old pictures. Trying to chase the history of the things I've collected. The items and the hobby become a sort of time machine sometimes. Unfortunately the machine never really quite gets you there. But it makes you think about a simpler time.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Great stories, thank you all for sharing them!

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Kevin been so busy just real your story so cool. I share in those thoughts. My favorite globe is not one of great graphics, just an old one piece with some neat writing on it, that's all. It just is so cool, so I understand...Scott B.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Scott, on behalf of a lot of us.....thx for providing an avenue for us to follow, to be able to add these pieces that ultimately and hopefully touch each of us in their own unique way!

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved