Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
My suggestion would be that we do a new pump every 2 weeks instead of 4. These are my reasons:

1.The greatest interest in the thread seems to die out after the first couple of weeks.

2. Those who wait till the last couple of days to post will do so whether they have 2 weeks, 1 month or 6 months.

4. With the large variety of pumps and models out there, it will be several years before we get through them.

5. By moving through them faster will then be able to do more specific threads like any Texaco pump, any yellow pump, two tone pumps, pinstriped pumps.

6. If a person is going to post a picture then they will do it in the time given. If they are not going to take the time giving them another couple weeks probably wont help.

A last minute thought on a way to keep it moving would be to have two going at the same time in different threads. One could be for previsibles and visibles and the other thread would be for clockfaces an calculators.

You're doing a great job Neal.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Any pumps is good pumps I like all of them. Keep up the good work.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Neal, I think that you are doing one hell of a job, keep up the good work. I would like to see any clockface pumps. I have never had the chance to own one but would love to. The idea of the gas carts would be a good idea, these are very neat and not alot of them around. Just keep all the great photos coming in on the greatest site on the planet.
Thanks, Phil "Lamont" McCauley

Thanks, Phil
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Here's the way I feel about "my way" of handling POTM;
I am the catalyst, fellow oldgassers are the resin.

If I were to try to;
1- Post many many pictures of the POTM I would come up short
2- Give oldgassers a "college education" on the current POTM, I would again come up short.
3- Present many "war stories and helpful tips" on the POTM, again & again I would still be coming up short!
4- Bring to light some "little known facts", I would again not only come up short but be a candidate for impeachment.

Members which are responsible for the other oldgas Features of the Month really do a better job than I do, they make multiple postings of info and associated pictures, but ole Neal really doesn't have the time, brain power nor resources to handle POTM that way. Keep in mind that I am only 2 years into this bloodfeast lustful obsession! I sincerely hope that I am not shaming nor selling my (actually your) post short. The way I figure it is like a football team, I am the coach saying "okay guys, go kick some butt and achieve what the program says the goal is tonight. Oh, and by the way, I wrote the program.
The other oldgassers responsible for the monthly features do a first class job, bending over backwards with info, pictures and legwork whereas I just "say 1-2-3 GO GET EM GUYS"!!!
I sincerely hope that I am doing oldgas.com and it's great members justice!
As I always say, I am one of those guys that appreciate constructive critisism. PLEASE lay it on me as you see fit. I do what I do for the hobby! I can boastfully say that I feel no one has more passion for Petro than I, but I do humbly know my limitations in the info department. I do hope that I am doing POTM 10 years from now.

Sincerely,

Neal Dunn
gas pump freak

Neal Dunn

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Neil,

You are doing great. Don't worry about not knowing everything about pumps. I love pump of the month

Scott

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Neal, Your doing great! I know what you mean on being new... I am coming up on being a 5 year collector myself and feel stupid when it comes to a lot of this stuff. When Bob ask if I wanted to get involved I felt like I would go a good job because my lack of knowledge. You are doing a great job so hang in there coach!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Neal your doing a great job. I think you are assuming more responsibility than you need to. It is our job to come up with pictures, post them and comment on them. I never assumed that you had to be a pump expert to moderate this area. I just assumed you had to be willing and there is a lot to be said for that. Keep up the good work.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Neal, You're doing a great job! We all know its more work than just saying Go Get Em.

ALL of our showcase features require participation from our members. The more guys that get involved, the better it is for everyone.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tim,
The Host of each feature doesn't need to be an expert, just passionate about the feature they're hosting. Neal has alot of ideas that he wants to implement into his features. I think you pump guys will approve of things he has in mind.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
A
A
I think your doing an excellent job on POTM Neal. Even though I've only been around a few months, I've learned more about the pumps than I ever would have elsewhere. The same goes for the other OTMs. By the way, I love hearing the stories behind the pumps, where they came from, whether they were tied in a knot before restoration, ect.
Keep up the good work!
Jimmy

Speaking for:
Awesome Consepts Enterprises
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Guys, THANKS for all of the kind words!!
Sincerely,

Neal

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved