Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
When Scott was in Tulsa to visit Maurice for the Chilli Bowl he posted Pictures of the pole sign collection that was dispayed outside...
http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002031-2.html
Maurice (souperhigh)took me over there the first night I was there and boy was it cold!!!!! Maurice said that he has been trying for years to see what was inside the buildings.
The next day when Ray (hotcider) and his wife Mary Sue came in to visit and to see Maurice 's collection (which is one fine collection) we were talking about this place with the sign poles. Christina (maurice's best half) called the office and someone answered!!! She explained who she was and said that friends from California and Louisiana were in town along with her husband was wondering if there was any chance that we could get in to see what had to be an awsome collection. The lady on the phone said that she would call her back....BINGO!!! she did call back and asked how many would be coming and that her father in law would pick up some lunch for us and to be at the compound in one hour!!!!
maybe it was the luck of the Irish that I brought with me or Ray and Mary brought the luck with them. How long have you been trying to get in there Maurice?

You can see in the picture above that there is racks of signs, and sign rings/ frames. another rack for just poles. Racks of neons waiting to be restored and in the back buildings were full of signs that have not been hung or cleaned yet!!!!!
Ray took the first two pic's and t pic's 3 and 4 are from Scott on the orginal post......
Guys and Gals this is gonna take awhile because I live in a rural area and all we have is dial-up.

More to follow.

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.

[This message has been edited by texaspelican (edited 02-20-2008).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
First I need to say that we did not go into the buildings with the signs that have not been or waiting to be hung. I know this is because I asked the owner.

In this building (picture below)he stores his chopper...you know the kind that flys!!!! that is how he found most of his signs. It was also loaded with collectibles and had a loft that had 4 or 5 old coke boxes that was converted to couches and had the holes thru out the floor for the golf balls that all collected below. included was a stocked bar and etc., etc....thru the window below was the helicopter.
(photo by scott shipers)

picture above by hotcider and everything else that follows...
thanks Ray for emailing me the photo's....what a time not to have my camera!!!

oh yeah....lots of pictures to follow!!!!

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
like I said before....I am on dail up so this is gonna take awhile....about 20+ pix's coming.

Hold on to your seats guys and gals!
the best is coming.

(all pictures were taken by hotcider)
these are pictures of the main part. Don't have any pictures of the signs in the lobby, hallways, kitchen, etc., etc....
I am just guessing that we only saw less than a third of what he has!!!!!

------------------
Paddy

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
below is a neon from an old brothel!!!

------------------
Paddy

Paddy
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
some more

Paddy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW!! that is absolutly amazing!!thanks for the pics

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
mick....there is still alot more!!!!
I have to take a break.

Paddy
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
that is great cant wait to see more

ward

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

still more to come!!

------------------
Paddy

Paddy
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

there is still more to post!!

Paddy
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Holy Overload Paddy,what a field trip,that is almost to much to look at Thanks a bunch for posting them .

Chris Holt
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
OBTW that is a complete unrestored Packard limo in the last picture.....
still more to come!

------------------
Paddy

Paddy
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
picture below sitting at the table left to right is Rays wife Mary Sue, the owner in the plaid shirt and Maurice...I am walking around with Ray as he is snapping pictures.
below I am in the lower left corner walking around trying to take this all in!!!

still more left to post!!!
gotta take another break!!!!

------------------
Paddy

Paddy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW. Ray thanks for taking the pictures and to Paddy for posting. I will have to try and get inside next year on my Tulsa trip.

BTW Maurice is as great a host you will ever find. Props to you Maurice.

------------------
Scott Shipers
www.myspace.com/quartcans

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

I thought this was neat...on the ceiling in the bar...made from old hood ornaments.

still a few more to post!!!

------------------
Paddy

Paddy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved