Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#92502 Mon Oct 06 2003 07:49 AM
T-way Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Okay, here we go.

Oil bottles, oil bottle racks & baskets are the 'Collectable of the Week'.

Unfortunately, my digital camera is down for the day so I won't be able to post any shots until tomorrow. Feel free to jump in with your contributions to this week's collectable.

Later . . .

Jim

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Heres a Mobiloil bottle I have.

Even still has the original decal.
--------------------------------------------
hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
T-way Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Good morning everyone.

Here is a complete rack of J.B. Rhodes bottles in a correct J.B. Rhodes bottle rack. I spent months getting this set finished. The first bottle I got at a swap meet - the rest all came off of e-bay along with the rack. The rack has been bead-blasted and painted to look like galvanized metal. These bottles feature embossed script lettering and were produced in Kalamazoo Michigan.

Later . . .

Jim

T-way Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is another complete rack of bottles in a J.B. Rhodes bottle rack. These are a matched set of universal 'Duraglas' bottles with matching state seals. This set was also assembled from e-bay wins. I asked for - and received - a full set of reproduction Polly Oil water transfer decals for Christmas last year. I actually had all the decals I needed before I had completed the set of bottles!

More to come tomorrow.

Later . . .

Jim

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
In this picture we have the last Bottle used by oil companies for the bulk type oil. It was of heavy plastic with a plastic top or metal, come on Rex. Dick. you other old guys. show the younguns what collectings about.

if you don't know how to post, send your photos to T-way , or me.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
These gallon Amoco jugs were used during the war years to conserve metal. They display well with the original case.

I enjoy collecting outboard oil cans and (pyro) bottles with fired on graphics. The last one that I was happy to find was the Pure Outboard. There are not many of these around.

------------------

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
These quart oil jars were used during the war years to conserve on metal. The two Johnson Oils are fired on. One is hard to see.

Here are a couple of Mobil oil racks that were placed on the pump island. The one with the decal is the hardest to find.
I have seen the porcelain shield sell for more than the complete oil rack on Ebay.

These Mobil filpruf bottles keep going up in value. Mobil was the leader in designing a bottle that could not be filled with a cheaper oil. From the mid 1930’s.

------------------

[This message has been edited by rext@worldnet.att.net (edited 10-07-2003).]

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Here is the only oil bottle on my shelf. I assume it is from the war years. There is a rare 1 gallon version of this bottle.

[This message has been edited by kburkett (edited 10-07-2003).]

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Great guys, I'm injoying this , nice bottles guys, Rex your to cool my man, good work.

T-way Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Good wednesday morning everyone.

Here is my latest oil bottle rack. I got a good deal on this off of e-bay. Saved about 1/3 of the normal cost for one of these.

This particular rack only fits the Standard Oil 'skinny' bottles. That includes the torch logo bottles and the Polarine bottles. So far, I only have one torch bottle for the rack - but I'm looking to fill it half-n-half with torch bottles and Polarine bottles.

Later . . .

Jim

T-way Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is trio of J.B. Rhodes bottles.

The one on the left has 'finger grip ridges' around the bottom. The center one is the oldest and the skinny version (I'm searching for the correct rack for this bottle - no luck so far ), the one on the right is a Havoline bottle with Havoline embossed across the top of the glass on the reverse side. All feature embossed 'J.B. Rhodes' lettering on the bottles.

More tomorrow.

Later . . .

Jim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are some bottles I am posting for dodogas. Frank go ahead and add to description. Thanks
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce29b3127cce8fed6992b6ab0000003610[/img]

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 10-08-2003).]

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
beautiful rex... gotta tell ya that i'm lovin' those outboard bottles !!!

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
This chevron rack is probably from the 40,s. The original mint green has been painted over with black. There are about 3 different decals visible on the other side but they are damaged.
The oil bottle on the left, has a soldered on SAE40 tag, the bottle on the right is the tapered Imperial oil used in the 30,s, they use bakelite caps marked I think Mobilartic and Imperiallube and the weights. (I could use one). dodogas

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
beautiful rex... gotta tell ya that i'm lovin' those outboard bottles !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved