Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#83944 Mon Mar 17 2003 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEY DWAINE, CALVIN IS GONNA GET A BEBE GUN NEXT YEAR, I'LL BRING HIM DOWN TO YOUR PLACE TO PLINK AROUND!! HE HE!! NO ''THAT SEASIDE GLASS IS ONE IN A MILLION I BET.. AWESOME!!!! THE FAMILY THING ALWAYS GETS UNDER MY SKIN, I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAD A DEAL MADE THEN THE KIDS GET WIND OF IT AND RUIN EVERYTHING. I HAD A PUMP LOADED ONE DAY AND THE OLD GUYS WIFE PULLED IN AND THREW A FIT!!! WHAT DO YOU DO?? THE GUY WOULD OF SLEPT IN THE DOG HOUSE FOR A MONTH IF I DROVE OFF WITH IT.. SO I PUT IT BACK AND KEPT CRUISIN. NOW THE PUMP IS GONE, PROBALY AT THE DUMP. JUST A TOKHEIM 39 ,, BUT ,,,,.. THE FACT THAT YOU GOT THAT SEASIDE PUMP IS GREAT, GOOD FOR YOU!!! GREAT STORY.. FRANK..

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

#83945 Mon Mar 17 2003 11:33 AM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Frankie,
I will give you five wayne 60's for Calvin ! Or.... at least let me keep him for a few weeks, I bet I can send him home so spoiled that his mom can't stand him. I've been pretty successful doing that with my grandson.
Seriously he is a really cute little pumper.
Probably looks like his mom.
Larry

larry ivy
#83946 Thu Mar 20 2003 08:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HERE IS A PAIR OF OL'GIRLS WE STUMBLED ONTO ON OUR WAY HOME FROM FISHING. WE SAW WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS A PUMP?? LEANING ON THE BARN,? NOPE,,,JUST A TAILGATE AFTER WE GOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO GET A GOOD LOOK.. THE GUY WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE, SO WE TOLD HIM OUR STORY ABOUT MISTAKING THE TAIL GATE FOR AN OLD GAS PUMP. HE STARTED LAUGHING!!! HE POINTED AROUND THE BARN AND STARTED CUSSING ABOUT THESE OLD NEVER WORKING PIECES OF JUNK. WHAT LUCK!! HE EVEN OFFERED US BEER!! COULDN'T STAY FOR THAT, HAD A LONG DRIVE AHEAD.. I EVEN CAUGHT SOME STEELHEAD,, WHAT A GREAT TRIP.. FRANK..

[This message has been edited by Frankie (edited 03-20-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Frankie (edited 03-22-2003).]

#83947 Fri Mar 21 2003 06:53 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Frankie:

Damm - you get all the luck! I really want an A-38, but just can't seem to find one locally. Shipping on top of the price on e-bay just doesn't seem to be a good deal to me. Oh well - I'll get me one sooner or later. Just gotta keep my eyes peeled.

Later . . .

Jim

#83948 Fri Mar 21 2003 08:12 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Don't want to tell any one what to do, so I'll make a suggestion ,always keep a piece of ply wood in the back of you trucks , you sure crease the sheet metal when you teeter that heavy pump on the tail gate, just a 2x2 is good, 2x6 is better you can push the pump in with out messing up the sight glass or the side of the pump with the longer piece.

#83949 Fri Mar 21 2003 09:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLYWOOD AND A FOAM CAMPING PAD IS STANDARD ISSUE.. FRANK.

#83950 Tue Mar 25 2003 08:12 PM
G
gam Offline
G
I'm a novice compared to most of you guys, but several of my aquisitions are interesting. I told a construction buddy of mine I was looking for an old gas pump. 2 days later there's a Wayne 500 sitting in the middle of my driveway. I can't even get my car past it. His idea of fun!

About a year later, we go clean out an old semi trailer he wants to scrap. Inside is an old tombstone, a set of 392 Hemi heads, and a M&S 80! He takes the tombstone and the heads, I take the pump.

Finally, last summer my dad told me about an old dump near their cottage that was abandoned in the '50's. I go there, hoping to find some old bottles. I spot what appears to be an old water heater, roll it over and just about die when I see the old Wayne script. It's a model 480 in pretty rough shape. Well it's on state land so I ask the DNR if I can have it. They tell me I can have anything there if it helps clean up the area. It's 20 feet down a steep hill and it take a LOT of effort to get the thing out. We had to tie rope to the hitch of a pickup and drag it up the hill. It's going to get a cosmetic resto as the inside are pretty much shot. But hey, it HAD to be saved!

GAM

#83951 Tue Mar 25 2003 08:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow Gam - cool - great scores.
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved