Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83581 Sun Jun 27 2004 05:17 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Next Sunday we're going to start a new showcase feature called "Buys Of The Week"
Here's how it will work:

Next Sunday (evening?) Doc will post the BOTW topic.
It will read something like "Buys Of The Week of June 28-July 4, 2002".

You can then post (or email your pics to Doc to post for you) the items you've added to your petro collection during the period specified in the title.

Items can be posted anytime right up until he starts the new topic the following week. I might lock the old topic at that time.

Here's the beauty of BOTW. You can post ANY petro item. Cans, signs, pumps, globes, etc. Everyone on this site should be able to participate since ALL petro collectibles will be welcome. In other words there's no excuse not to participate!

As with all of our showcase features there are a few ground rules. The most important being that you cannot advertise items that are for sale. We have a "For Sale or Trade" forum for that. I realize that some items that are posted might actually be for sale, but you can't say so. I will edit or delete any post that I feel crosses the line so don't abuse this (or any other) feature.

Like all the other showcase features, replies will be welcome.....positive comments that is, atta boys, etc.

A great big thanks to Jim Potts for giving the thumbs up to this new feature.

I also want to thank Doc for accepting the job of hosting BOTW. Doc will be pulling double duty because he's going to be overseeing COTM starting July 1.

Lets have some fun!
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#83582 Sun Jun 27 2004 05:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, Great job and you found the perfect person to oversee it. Congrats DOC and I hope to contribute all of the time $$$$$$$ permitting LOL.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, Misssouri

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
#83583 Sun Jun 27 2004 08:48 PM
I think this is a great idea. Doc or I can help post your images. We all enjoy hearing about fellow enthusiasts adding things they like to their collection.
Sure, this has already been going on from time to time, but now there is a committment to do it in a regular, organized way. Let's all support this!

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#83584 Mon Jun 28 2004 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DOC IS HERE! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT ON MY BOTW THREADS WHICH I AM HOSTING AND WILL POST THE STARTINNG THREAD BEGINNING JULY 4TH AND WILL COVER ANY BUYS OF THE PAST WEEK IN YOUR WORLD. HENCE THE NAME "BUY OF THE WEEK."
WHILE THERE HAS BEEN SIMILAR THREAD FROM TIME TO TIME, IT'S GOIMG TO BECOME MORE OFFICIAL AS AN ACTIVE WEEKELY THREAD SO YOU CAN SHOW OFF YOUR BUYS WHETHER SMALL OR LARGE CHEAP OR COSTLY....SIMILAR TO THE "BRAGLINES" DEPT OF PCM.
THIS WILL BE IN SHOWCASE OF COURSE AND IS OPEN TO ANY AND ALL AND KEEPING IT TO GAS/OIL/PETRO PURCHASES ONLY. WE'LL LET YOU BE YOUR OWN PERSONAL JUDGE AS TO WHO MADE THE BEST BUY. LIKE BOB SAYS...DISCUSSIONS AND ATTABOY-PAT-ON-THE-BACKS ARE INSPIRED AND PARTICIPATION IS HEAVILY PROMOTED AMONG THE BROTHER AND SISTERHOOD OF THE OLDGAS COMMUNITY.
PLEASE ALSO KEEP IN MIND THAT I CAN GET YOUR STORIES AND IMAGES ON FOR YOU IF YOU CAN'T POST.
ONCE AGAIN, THE FIRST BOTW (BUY OF THE WEEK) WILL START JULY 4TH AND WILL COVER YOUR PREVIOUS WEEK'S BUYS, SCORES, ETC.

HOPING ALL WILL PARTICIPATE IN THIS SHARING - BRAGGING DEPT. THREAD!!

HAPPY COLLECTING DURING THE WEEK - AND REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A CONTEST! IT'S JUST A CASUAL OOOOOOH-AAAAAHS THING!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE EAST
drcoke@optonline.net
your BOTW host and COTM co-host

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#83585 Mon Jun 28 2004 07:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very Cool atta boy

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#83586 Mon Jun 28 2004 09:18 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
sounds gooooooooood!

#83587 Mon Jun 28 2004 10:50 AM
C
CJ Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
HATS OF TO YOU DOC,CONGRATS .........CJ

#83588 Mon Jun 28 2004 07:15 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Sounds like a neat feature!! I know Doc will do a great job with this!

REMEMBER, ALL OF US OLDGASSERS NEED TO PARTICIPATE. EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ITEM/ITEMS TO POST YOU CAN GET INTO THE COMMENT MODE.

Great idea guys! Thanks!

Neal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved