Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

YESSIREE FELLOW COLLECTORS AND HUNTERS ALIKE...IT'S SUNDAY 7PM/CST AND IT'S TIME FOR "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - HOPE EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED PEOTONE WALKED AWAY WITH AT LEAST 1 ITEM TO SHOW HERE!

I HAD A SLOW WEEK UNTIL YESTERDAY MORNING WHILE AT THE ASYLUM....I STUMBLED UPON THE NASTY LOOKING 1940'S TEXACO GREASE CAN SITTING ON A SHELF LOADED WITH MACHINE SCREWS! NATURALLY, IT CAME HOME WITH ME!

AND WHEN I RETURNED HOME, I FOUND THESE LEANING ON MY GARAGE DOOR...

A GREASE MONKEY FRIEND OF MINE WAS CLEANING OUT A SHACK AT A AUTO REPAIR PLACE HE WORKS AT AND MAN WHERE THEY DIRTY & GRUNGY...CLEANED UP NICE THOUGH!

SO, LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT!!
HEY QUARTCANS SCOTT WHERE ARE YA?

HAVE FUN, PLAY NICELY!

DOC @ TAG/WEST
YOUR BOTW HOST!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm here DOC and many thanks to you. The 1st can I purchased from the NE gas Bash with the help of DOC's pictures and the help of 5qt Don Raleigh for contacting me with the owner. I appreciate help guys. The second can I purchased at the local monthly flea market on Saturday. To say I was thrilled would be and understatement.
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd27b3127cce90c67ec2b5ff00000016108CctmTRy2aS[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd27b3127cce90c678c234cc00000016108CctmTRy2aS[/img]

------------------
Scott Shipers
WANTED: Imperial Refineries Items
Kansas City, Missouri 64151

[This message has been edited by quartcans (edited 03-06-2005).]

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I got these in the auction on Friday:
I tried for 2 other sets but i bidded way more than i wanted to and i am glad i didn't get them now. LOL

Got these sunday from Peter Capell:
skelly's are neat... not perfect but nice.

The Zenith gas are heat stamped and rare... decals are not in good shape but look ok.

Bought the globe base from Lonnie and the Repop red capco came from Kurt Zimmerman. I thought it wouldn't hurt to have a spare body for lenses.

got these also... these will be under ebay soon.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
(POSTING FOR RUSS JACOBS):

Hi Doc,
Here's 2 of the N.O.S. signs I bought in Peotone. Du Pont is heavy tin double sided dated '58'   Fisk is single sided porcelain. Thanks for posting.
Russ

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
G
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
G
Whats a fisk tire sign like that going to set a guy back? I like it!.....Les

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Scott, One Heck of a Can (RED HAT) U got there!!!!!!!!!!! Not asking price, but did they know what its worth?? ........Paul

------------------

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
You never know what will turn up at a yard sale (or flea market for that matter, eh Scott). This turned up at a yard sale in Atascadero, CA about 50 miles north of me. I'll go a long way for a good yard sale.

Totally complete and farm fresh incuding the nozzle and the pump handle. Probably have to repost this as somebody elses BOTW next week since I bought it with another collector in mind. You can still make out the original Standard decal too.

Speaking of Standard, didn't realize the variety of maps that they published around the same time frame as seen below.

The stuff above is a variety pack of garage sales goodies and a little horse trading (not the big horse, just a little horse).

Guess I got lucky this week because everyone was at Peotone.

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning everyone.

I'm posting these for 'The Keeper'. She'll chime in a little later and explain.

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 03-07-2005).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Okay, now for the new 'rust' I got at Peotone.

First off a couple of oil cans from the Riley Oil company (we live in Riley Center, on Riley Center Road), and a can of Car Polish from Simonize.

Next, the 'Shell' 'No Smoking' sign I bought at the auction. This puppy is about 4' long and about 6" tall with a flange on the top so you could mount it to the underside of the overhang at your station.

Now for the best buy I got. An original cardboard advertising sign for Kunz Gold Medal Oil. Normally, I'd never look twice at a cardboard sign - but the Kunz stuff is so rare that I'll buy anything that says Kunz on it. So if you have anything for sale or trade that advertizes Kunz - shoot me an e-mail with the particulars and we'll talk.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just have to say super find Scott. You deserve it but if you find a second one feel free to let me in on it and I will return the favor. Nice stuff guys. Ted

------------------
Ted & Pam Roach
Lodi CA.
pca-west.org
vintage-logos

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Ok Guys and Gals,

Here's the descriptions to go with the pictures T-way has posted for me. The first one is an ice cream sign that I picked up on E-bay - that one will be hanging in my kitchen soon alongside the others I have. The second picture is the first original globe I've ever owned - I picked up this Sunray at the Peotone auction on Friday. The third picture is the second original globe I've ever owned - I picked this Moyer Ice Cream globe up from Lonnie Hop at the Peotone show on Sunday. Like T-way said in his daily posting, I was busy in Peotone this weekend! I hate to admit it, but I think I'm hooked! I also got an oil can this weekend, but the pictures of it didn't turn out, so I'll tell you about that one once T-way is able to post a picture of it for me. Have a great day!

Jodi

gasoildude got this Red Crown Boy sign at Peotone. That's Hubba on the left, Red Crown Boy in the middle and Brad, "gasoildude" on the right, just in case you couldn't tell. Hope you got a tall place to display that boy!

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Super stuff guys and gals lets see some more.Some of us.....ME are too tired to unpack the stuff from the Peotone show, great people-great show-great FOOD.
Spring is just starting GO TO A PETRO SHOW.
REX LIKES OIL SHOWS

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Thanks a million for posting that for me Jim. Where this is going I have about 35 foot ceilings so it will look real good Good meeting & talking to you Hubba !!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
super items for sure, love the ice cream globe jody, and a nice buy on the sunray also. great buys..... cheese

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved