Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Working for the county, running a tractor mowerwhy out in the sticks , theres an old station (texaco)about 2 on a hot day I stop in to use the head, sure says george , we talk some about the company and I tell him i don't care to much for the big ones , He says back in 1947 when he opened the station it was a Seaside , I said I liked that company , He asks if i like signs , sure I say, come with me , he says, out to an old garage we go, he sticks his hand down in between studs and tar paper and pulls out a N>O>S> rexall clean restroom sign from Seaside , and said, here you can have this ol thing , I couldn't speak, then to make things better he says, here you can have this too, it was a corner ladies sign,as I was looking at them and around , my feet kept bumping some thing on the floor, it was dark but I could see it was an ol toe- sack, (if you don't know what that is ask Frankie), I said what the heck am I tappen with my foot, he says, oh , them ol things , I wonder if there worth anything, I pull one up and there was a Seaside globe (ethyl) I turn it over and it said, Georges Seaside servise and the address of the location, I said how much you want for it , 50 , I said it worth more then that , 100, are you sure I ask, he gives me a funny look and says 150, I say ok, he says man I didn't think you would pay that much for this one , I said , what do you mean this one, he says, theres three more under there, but the station name is broke out of them ,so they aint worth much , I look around and sure enough two silver gulls and another ethyl , he said , he had some painter that was traveling paint the lettering on them . I got them all, I was very lucky,

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thats cool- Kudos
--------------------------------------------
Hubba, Just plain Hubba this time

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You lazy old county worker..!! Cool find!!! cool stuff you got at the show.. keep the e-mails coming.. Frank..

I'll give you double of what you paid. Ha Ha Ted

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved